Hong Kong Style Hoisam 2008!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
December 31st 2007
Published: January 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hong Kong goes all out to bring in the new year--complete with fireworks on the waterfront and for the first time this year, a pyrotechnic display cascading from Hong Kong's tallest building, IFC tower. The western new year is celebrated with family and friends at dinners, dinners and more dinners! I enjoyed dining at the Hong Kong University Alumni Association with The Yue Family and having Jacque home from Beijing was an added treat! It was a happy surprise to meet Dianne and Don from California, Val and Kirt's friends, on their Hong Kong stopover heading out for a southeast Asia cruise. We visited temples, walked the skyline view at the harbor, rode Star Ferry and enjoyed a delectable dinner together with Zoe and Hideko at Zen. With a few weeks remaining until my flight to the US, I am packing and wrapping up those loose ends before departure. I hope to visit the Peak at night for the final blog entry and make a last pilgrimage to Chi Lin Monastery next week on January 9, which would have been my Dad's 70th birthday. I hope your 2008 has started happily, peacefully and you're well on your way to those new year goals...goodbye 2007!




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



3rd January 2008

good to hear of your LATEST adventures
You're having adventures up until the very last moment! Good for you! Enjoy your last days in Hong Kong! AC
3rd January 2008

Birthday
What a precious tribute to your dad, girl! You know how proud he is that you went back and are completing this dream of yours. Daddies want us to fulfill dreams, don't they? And how appropriate that you pay tribute to yours on his birthday. You're a good daughter, Melissa. I hope you know that. Love you!
9th January 2008

cool
my Dads birthday is jan 9 also. I'll always remember you on that day now.

Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0975s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb