Ocean Park, the 7th wonder of Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
December 19th 2007
Published: December 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Ocean Park is the seventh most visited amusement park in the world and is located on the south side of Hong Kong Island, perched on a cliff overlooking the South China Sea. Contained within its hundreds of acres are four amusement centers, including aquariums, exhibits, thrill rides and best of all, the panda exhibit! The two baby pandas given to Hong Kong this year by China to commemorate the 10th anniversary handover were sleeping when we arrived, but Yang Yang--the 21 year old big papa of pandas was munching away on bamboo and is an obvious ham for the cameras. The aquarium was incredible with a massive shark tunnel and a dolphin show. The dolphins reminded me of the school of dolphins with the baby dolphins that I see on my walks on the beach at Perdido Key in Pensacola. The park was decked out in holiday lights and decorations--a fun time.

City University of Hong Kong wraps up final exams this week and closes for the holidays. I submitted my last survey and turned in my office keys this week, so the tasks are quickly winding down for my return to the US. I will spend Christmas Eve with the Yue Family Christmas and then enjoy a Christmas Open House at Azumi and Anthony's on Christmas Day. Happy Holidays to you and yours and see you in the states really soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



19th December 2007

You're enjoying Hong Kong down to the last instant! AC
23rd December 2007

Have a great Christmas
I bet you'll be sad to leave, sounds like youv'e had a wonderful time... but it will be nice to c u soon

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb