Hong Kong 2


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
September 25th 2004
Published: September 25th 2004
Edit Blog Post



Just a quick one :

Photos are now at

www.steveshinn.plus.com/hongkong

Hong Kong 2

In the morning I went on a major walk around, and succeeded in my attempt to get away from the more tourist based parts of the city and sample some of the less commercial bits of HK. not much to say other than the buildings are drab and the people poor.

I then used the ‘peak tram’ to get to a the top of a peak (surprisingly) which looks over the whole of the city of Hong Hong. On the way up I got chatting to an English brother and Sister who had been away together for five months, but were leaving for home. on the 25th of September. At the top the view was fantastic so we took some photos and had some dinner. Then we went back to kowloon and agreed to meet up in at a bar on the 28th floor of one of the main hotels overlooking the bay of Hong Kong.

Got to the bar which was v plush and had a great view, surprisingly especially from the urinals which had a floor to ceiling window view of Hong Kong behind them. Got pissed and spend most of the evening with the brother and sister. Then continued to get drunk with two Yanks who design shoes and talk about cars and george bush.

Next day - got up - did a bit of shopping and bought myself a Seiko Kinetic watch which retails for 170 quid in the uk, for 70 quid. Waited around for my flight to cairns then flew away.

Capt Brown


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0809s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb