HONG KONG


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
February 4th 2007
Published: February 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to Hong KongWelcome to Hong KongWelcome to Hong Kong

Typical Hong Kong night life scene!

Amazing Race - The Race is ON!



Hello to all!!

Yes - we made it out of hot old Perth and into mild old Hong Kong!

After arriving at the airport around 7pm, we negotiated the MTR railway and found our way to Central Station. After going up, and up, and up the escalators, we walked out into the middle of typical Hong Kong nightlife - it was amazing! The bright lights, noise, bustle and thousands of people wandering around overloaded the senses and was quite and introduction to Hong Kong.

Our 'hostel' was just around the corner and we found our selves in a 'room' on the 13th floor of one of the high rise buildings (right next door to Fornarina for anyone into fashion!!)

We had an amazing few days in Honkers, travelling up the Peak Tram, taking the Star Ferry and Repulse Bay, the night markets, Stanley Markets and of course eating at quaint little outdoor food stalls with all the locals!!

Will try and do another blog tonight telling you all about our trip to China for the day as well as the first day or so in freezing London!!
Victoria ParkVictoria ParkVictoria Park

Tai Chi on Sunday morning

Running out of time - stay safe and hope you are all well!

Claire & Dean


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Peak TramPeak Tram
Peak Tram

View from the top of the Peak Tram ride.


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb