Shopping In China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Shenzhen
February 4th 2007
Published: February 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

No Mans LandNo Mans LandNo Mans Land

Where you line up to get a visa for China.

Made in China!



Yes, we managed to add just ONE more country to our intinerary....he he

We decided to add a day trip to China to our list of things to do, after reading about it in the West Australian travel section of all things!

You need to catch a train from Hong Kong central, which takes you to the border in around 40 minutes.

We got to Shenzhen (the border) and then joined the queue of people from all over the world who had chosen to do the same thing! Apparently you are supposed to turn up with an empty suitcase and then go to town with the cheap prices!

You need to obtain a visa to get into China, so we lined up in no-mans land and paid our $30 and then we were in! As you walk out of the station, the first thing you see is the massive shopping centre they have built - specifically for people like us.

Well- girls you could spend the whole day here, take about $500 and come home with suitcases full of Chloe, Jimmy Choo, Louis Vuitton, Phillipe Patek, Rolex etc etc etc and all
Inside ShenzhenInside ShenzhenInside Shenzhen

This is why you come to Shenzhen...to shop!
of it is much better quality than any other knock-offs you have ever seen! If only I wasn't backpacking....hmmm

Spent the day in the shops wandering around drinking beer and trying things on - it is so civilised over here! A cold drink in one hand and thousands of shops to visit...what more would you want?

After a hard day shopping, we headed back to Hong Kong and got off the train at the Ladies Night Markets. Much like shopping at the markets in Bangkok or Bali, and the people are really nice and friendly. Again we stopped and had a roadside dinner and just soaked up the nightlife.

The next day we headed up the mountain on the Peak Tram - it is sooo steep! Once you reach the summit, it is tourist heaven with shops, Burger Kings, ice cream etc etc. Wandered around, took photos and checked out the awesome views.

At the bottom of the hill, we watched people getting married - they obviously pump them out one after the other on a Sunday. Then we headed out to Repulse Bay and the Stanley Markets.

Repulse Bay is Honk Kongs idea of
Repulse Bay buildingsRepulse Bay buildingsRepulse Bay buildings

The buildings in Hong Kong are amazing. The architecture is very modern in some areas, but with distinct points of difference...like holes in the middle of them!
a beach - seriously I have not seen anything yet that compares with our beaches at home...that and the fact that it was freezing cold! We wandered around and checked out the sights and then got a Taxi to Stanley Markets. These are awesome little seaside markets that sell everything and anything...kept us amused for a while before we headed back to town to collect our bags and head off to the airport for our next leg of the race...off to London we go!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb