October 3, Macau


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
October 4th 2017
Published: October 4th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We got up at 6:30 and caught the 7 am ferry to HK. John had some work in the city and I was visiting Macau. Took the TurboJet high speed ferry, about an hour trip.
Planned to visit the Old Town, without any specific plans. Wound my way in the general direction and managed to find the right area. Toured several churches and the fort. Also several free museums. The Old Town area is super crowded so I took some side roads and quickly had the streets to my self. The brick sidewalks remind me of Portugal, which reflects the Portuguese heritage of Macau.
Now I have access to gps so can't get badly lost so it is a lot of fun to just wander and explore areas that interest me.
I finally ended up at a major street and decided to check out the Wynn and MGM casinos. Amazing places, I think larger and more opulent than Vegas.
It was also cool, which was a great break from the heat and humidity.
Started heading back and found a raised walkway which got me across the highways I knew I had to cross.
Supper was KungPoa chicken, I prefer Earls. Then the ferry back to Hong Kong, a 10 minute walk along the harbour and the ferry back to Discovery Bay. I got there just at 9, which allowed me to see the daily fireworks at Disney. I had to cross 4 borders today and get some Macau money so it is a bit complicated but an interesting adventure. John was waiting for me, concerned I had got lost because of my fireworks stop. Talking about our days and answering the many questions I keep on coming up with about this area and finishing the red wine, it was 11:30 before we turned in.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb