A short week in Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Yuen Long
October 23rd 2013
Published: January 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

After much planning and some teary goodbyes, we were on our way to Hong Kong for a week of overeating and overspending before we jetted off to New Zealand.

We booked a one-way flight through STA Travel to Auckland with a stop in Hong Kong for 6 days.

Man, Hong Kong was hot! We stayed in the Gold Coast Hotel Hong Kong, which was beautiful. However, a lot further away from the bustling city than we would have liked.

We spent most days travelling by bus into Kowloon to have a haggle at the markets and eat the street food. We also caught the Star Ferry over to Victoria Harbour.

From Victoria Harbour, we took the famous Peak Tram up to the top to see the skyline of Hong Kong. Trying to get on that tram is a nightmare! We ended up standing up without a seat and silently cursing the other tourists. It was all worth it though- the view was amazing!
To save the queuing for the tram on the way down, we did the Victoria Peak Walk. Man, this was a long and very steep walk which we were not prepared for at all
HK Gold CoastHK Gold CoastHK Gold Coast

A view from our room!
after gorging on noodles and ice cream!

We also took a trip to Ngong Ping to see the Big Buddha. Although it is so touristy, the Big Buddha itself is beautiful, as is the ride up on the Gondola. We took the Crystal Gondola, which has a glass floor. You look down on the forest and a big old path which you can walk if you want to.
I'd recommend anyone to take the Crystal Gondola over the standard Gondola for what it is worth.

Hong Kong was a beautiful place but we are now heading off to New Zealand!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb