Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Lantau Island
April 5th 2015
Published: April 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Made sure I was on deck this morning as the ship pulled into Hong Kong harbor although it was like pea soup. Fortunately, it didn’t take long before it cleared up and could see the magnificent vertical buildings with no space in between. It is an awesome sight.

Our excursion today took us to Lantau Island for a visit to Tai O Village which is a fishing village with houses on stilts and lots of vendors. They dry most of the fish so as you walk through the streets, the aroma is pungent with seafood.

Next stop Po Lin Monastery where the largest seated Buddha in Asia resides up on a hill top. Another interesting sight to see. A vegetarian lunch was served here and off to the cable car ride by Ngong Ping Skyrail. The cable car travels over 5.7 km and what a view of the South China Sea and Lantau Island it provides.





Back at the ship we made it in time for Happy Hour, dinner and we were off again on a night tour of Hong Kong. We drove down Nathan Road, the longest street in Hong Kong. Can you say New York City? The open topped bus parked in an area that we were told is a red light district because the market place they wanted us to shop at was around the corner. Many of us were not interested in shopping for knock offs and other bric brac so we stayed on the bus and watched the girls ply their trade. Not our favorite tour and a most unusual way to spend Easter.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Happy Kitty!Happy Kitty!
Happy Kitty!

Ahhh the aroma of fish!
Found this humorousFound this humorous
Found this humorous

We did see some cattle - didn't look feral!
More humor at the monasteryMore humor at the monastery
More humor at the monastery

2 dogs running around in front of "no dogs" sign
Living QuartersLiving Quarters
Living Quarters

And you have to wait to get in...


6th April 2015
Living Quarters

Hong Kong
I hope you got to see the evening laser show on the buildings that line the Harbor too!!!!
7th April 2015
Living Quarters

No laser show
Unfortunately we were sitting on the open top bus during the light show. At least we did see the buidlings all lit up which is spectacular. We didn't make the best choice this time of what activity to do.

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb