24 July 2011


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Lantau Island
July 27th 2011
Published: July 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Flight was uneventful. Both Eryl and I wore our flight socks! We landed on time at about 4pm local time, 9am UK time. Watches now moved on so this will be my last reference to UK time. Cars were there waiting for so that worked well. Trip from airport to hotel was about 45 minutes.

Checked in and taken up to our rooms. Blown away by the size of them and the wonderful view of the harbour. This really is like no other YMCA! Also the good old British taught them to drive on the right side of the road and gave them standard square pin plugs!

After a shower, we all went walking round the local streets and then ended up on the waterfront near to our hotel just before 8pm, in time to watch the nightly light show involving buildings on both side of the water. Huge crowds were out watching, perhaps because it was a Sunday rather than a normal working day. The lights change in time to music.

Afterwards wandered round to look at a few restaurants for dinner but ended up eating the Tex Mex buffet in the hotel.

Eryl, Samantha and I retired to bed about 9.45 but Stephanie, Michael and Tux went off walking to visit the Night Market in Temple Street. I took the opportunity to write this blog only to find that we didn’t have wifi. Will therefore purchase some time and post tomorrow.

Packed a lot in to first weekend, so roll on the rest of the holiday, which tomorrow brings the first OF gathering.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb