Brazil to Home


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
June 3rd 2006
Published: June 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

111

One of the many beaches in Florianopolis - this one has vultures rather than seagulls though!!!
Hi all,

Well we are back in NZ now so I thought one last blog to finish our tales would be appropriate!

After 5 days in Florianopolis (Brazil) we parted company with Gary who was headed to Rio de Janeiro and Mike and I back to Buenos Aires so we could arrange out flights back to Auckland.

Floripa was awesome although for the last three days the weather packed it in however we had rented a car and so were still able to travel around the island and do some sightseeing. It was a place full of pristine beaches and stunning water - summer would definately be a goer here as the population swells to about 800,000 - mostly Americans though - pity really :@)

Anyhow Mike and I after 26 hours on three different buses arrived back to BA and Gary had 18 hours to Rio de Janeiro.

We were able to get a flight out two days later where we flew BA to Madrid (11.15 hours), Madrid to Rome (2.15 hours) Rome to Hong Kong (11.21 hours) where we had a day and half.

Well we arrived feeling knackered but as soon as
222

Barra de Logoa - the water here was stunningly crystal clear
we got out of the airport we decided ahh hey what the heck we can sleep another time (like the flight home) and so we headed out sightseeing and shopping. We got to see a fair bit of HK in the time we were there as it was such an easy place to get around. Again the weather was raining and pretty average but it certainly wasnt cold (usual humidity of Asia) which we werent complaining about at all (this time)!!


Anyhow we fully rate Hong Kong we had a great time in the day and a half we were there. Not sure why maybe it was because we werent having to worry about trying to communicate in spanish anymore or because the people were really friendly or maybe because the food was to die for....maybe who knows it was beacuse we were on our way home! Anyhow it was a great way to finish off the trip.

So we arrived back to NZ after another 10.21 hour flight and here we are safe and sound. We have been visiting Nana each day and she is making slow progress but it is great to be back to
333

Barra de Logoa....again....it was a beautiful littel place tucked away from the main road right next to a stunning beach .
be able to see her and the family and be here at this time.

Anyhow hope you guys have all enjoyed the blogs - we are hoping to head to the snow over the next four weeks so you may even get a surprise blog who knows! May as well make the most of the wintery conditions here in NZ!!! Our first winter home in over 5 years!!!

Hope all is well with everyone around the globe - love to all and be in touch again soon!

Love long time
Shonelle and Mike xxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

44
4

Joaquina - one of the best breaks in Brazil - hmmmm or so they say....not looking so hot on this day.
55
5

Sunrise as we arrive in Uruguay
66
6

Back in Buenos Aires where they Tango in the streets
77
7

Hong Kong at a Japanese Restaurant -check out the size of the sake bottles!!!!! Yeehah!
88
8

Hong Kong and its bright lights !
99
9

Dinner anyone?? Chicken feet were bad enough...no way Im doing goosehead soup!!!
1010
10

Hong Kong Waterfront
1111
11

On the Walk of Fame we came across Jackie Chan and Mike decided to size him up! Not very impressive Jackie!!!
1212
12

Also me and Jet Li - hmmmm if hands are anything to go by I am one lethal mutha....!!!!


5th June 2006

Hands
Barra de Logoa looks beautiful and I really like that pink place - always fancied a strawberry villa. Hey did you notice how Jackie Chan's hands had spatulla fingers? And Jet Li's are biddy little things aren't they? Love Mari

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb