For a few days


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
March 20th 2006
Published: March 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Hong Kong ( for the second time on the 16th March), and my other best friend Charlene from home came in from Heathrow a few hours before us. The weather was really muggy and it was quite humid but we were just soo excited to have someone join us on our adventure. Getting to the hotel was no problem - the airport ubs dropeed us off right outside and at last we had a little bit of Luxury! We stayed at the Concourse Hotel in Kowloon- not one of the most eye appealing areas but it was very close to the markets which is what is most important! We spent 5 days and4 nights rushing round, shopping, seeing the sites, sampling the local cuisine and sampling the nightlife that HK is known for.

I think that 4 days was definately enough time to explore this small city, and do enough shopping- esp since I really dont have anywhere to put it all!

We are at the airport now, waiting to board our flight to Melbourne- we arrive tomorrow in the morning- and in the afternoon we will be going to the Commonwealth Games to watch Men's and Women's Basketball!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Big BuddhaBig Buddha
Big Buddha

On Lantau Island
Big BuddhaBig Buddha
Big Buddha

On Lantau Island
Big BuddhaBig Buddha
Big Buddha

On Lantau Island- being blown away
Big BuddhaBig Buddha
Big Buddha

On Lantau Island- the view from above


Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 14; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb