Typhoon Season!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
October 5th 2008
Published: October 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello All!
It has been a while since we have updated the blog, as access to computers and quick internet has been expensive or scarce. We are going to load pictures and blog from all the way back to Hong Kong.
Hong Kong was interesting. We arrived late at night and had to find out hostel at the ChungKing Mansions. Hmmmm....Mansions. Right. Not a mansion at all. This is a huge apartment complex with sets of elevators that bring you to different parts of the complex. As you enter the main floor, which is loaded with food and souvenier stands, you are bombarded by men asking if you need a room. Pretty overwhelming.
Anyways, after an hour we found our place and it definitely was not the place we had imagined. It was the smallest room with the bathroom the size of a coat closet (you could take a shower and sit on the toilet all at once)!
The following day we did some site seeing. We took the tram up to Victoria's Peak and walked down through small area full of alley ways called Soho. About mid-afternoon it started to pour. And it poured. Until the next day. We learned that we were in the middle of a typhoon (or hurricane) and it wasn't about to stop. So, we booked a flight the following day to Indonesia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb