Hong Kong Fueyyyyyy


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
June 4th 2008
Published: February 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

So i managed to work out the right bus and chatted to a nice scottish guy and american guy on the bus and i managed to get to the building were the guest house is and i checked into the las vegas guest house and then im roomed on a different floor with the haven guest house? must be a chinese thing maybe?, i settled my stuff down and got cash out and then went to the shore and took some piccys and bought a bottle of water and then looked round some electrical stores and was tempted to use my credit card and buy a laptop and iphone.

Then i woke up at 9.30 am all though the room is so dark i thought it was still night, so i used the great over toliet shower.....lol and then headed out and got the star ferry to hong kong island and it was a cheap and novel experince, i then got the bus to the victoria mountain tram, hong kong is supper humid and just thinking causes sweat, also it rained in the morning and the previous night when i arrived and so i invested in an umbrella. So the views from the ferry were cool and Hong Kong like last nite was again shrouded in parts by mist.

Hong kong public transport as the uk diesase of exact change....lol, i got the bus to the tram and its been running for 120 years and it was intresting. The views from victoria mount were cool if a little obsecured by mist and eventually the rain moved off, i took a walk round the mount and then the tram back down and walked over to the the botanic garden and zoo which was a nice place and free and then i went to see the former goveners house and then up to the 43rd floor in the china bank which had great views. Then i walked over to the thai consulate to check if i would be ok flying in and out of bangkok with an over 30 day gap, i was advised that as i was going into neighbouring countries id get stamped in and out and would get a new 30 day visa each time, so that was a worry of my mind.

I then went viewed some more of the city including the hong kong park and i eventually got the ferry back to kowloon and on the ferry i met Hoj who lives in the us but is korean and grew up in south america, we chatted and decided to hang out and so we went to a food market in kowloon and then for some food and then to the hong kong space museum and then watched the city light show and then we headed to a bar area to look it, the drinks were not cheap and so we grabbed a beer in the seven eleven and then walked around and then got ferry back.

Me and hoj arranged to meet the next morning and headed off to our accomodation, i went to the internet cafe and contacted my parents and emailed my girlfriend and went to bed about midnight.

I was up at 8am although i would have prefered longer, i got outside and it was not raining so i decide to leave my umbreall, bad idea....lol, i met Hoj and we got the ferry to the convention centre instead of central and looked at the centre and a big golden lilly statue there. We then headed to a market on johnston street and it was cool and it was funny as the area was like a china town in hong kong, we stopped at a cafe place and i had blueberry muffin and used the web there, we then used the metro for the first time and we grabbed pasta for lunch and got the fast ferry to lantrau which is were the airport is and we went to see the big buddha.

We got a bus to nin pong and we visted the temple and buddha which was cool and the was a purpose built village nearby and it was like buddha land, it was like a disney style cash in on buddha?, i think buddha would have been spinning in his grave and well its typical of the chinese government. We got a cable car to near by the airport which was cool and a metro back to hong kong island and we went to repluse bay on the bus and had a wonder round and then back to the island and watched the city lights show a again and then the ferry back to kowloon and pizza and then we had some piccys together wished each other look and parted as Hoj was going to get some internet and sleep and he goes to japan tomorrow.

Advertisement