Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
April 30th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hong KongHong KongHong Kong

The biggest and brightest of the hong kong skyline
Hong Kong, city of bright lights big buildings and thousands of indian tailors..
Every trip out on to the street, is like a battle against 'The Hawkers' and when i say about a thousand i aint kidding.
anyway brilliant city, shame we are to skint to fully enjoy it not to say that we havnt liked it here but we have tended to spend our days wandering the streets looking for cheap places to eat (other than mcdonalds) and inverably end up in a starbucks, they're like blackholes u cant get away.. plus eve likes the brownies.
other than that we have done some stuff we went up to the peak on an insanely steep tram, we went to the races and lost some cash, and eve discoverd and got drunk on her new cocktail, fat hooker the name of the cocktail of course, not eve.

We also went to a theme park (a train and bus ride away) saw the ques and came back.. the joy
thats pretty much all we have done in HK, we spent most of our time in our Box watching the english movie channel which just turns off about 15 mins from the end
Hong KongHong KongHong Kong

The harbour at night

of the film.. which is rather annoying
The building our hostel is in proberbly didnt win seediest block in the city but im sure it came a close second.. our room is on the 12th floor and as eve hates lifts we both have legs Arnie would be proud of shame about the rest tho.
the room is as i have mentioned a box with a bed in it.. one wall covered in a massive mirror running along the bed. im convinced its a 2 way... the bed is comfy tho, so thats all good.


We left HK with some relief and alot lighter wallets and arrived in Bankok and headed like half the world backpacking community to the crazynass of Kosharn Rd just in time for the Thai new year and water festival !! let the soaking.. and pasteing, commence !!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Hong KongHong Kong
Hong Kong

Eve sitting on the avenue of stars
BangkokBangkok
Bangkok

birds eye view of the festival
BangkokBangkok
Bangkok

Going for dinner was abit of a trial


19th April 2007

Johnny Five says, "Need more input!"
You're teasing us with these photos. Where are the ones of the two of you getting soaked in the FOUR-DAY festival?????????? And what about the 'grotty' places you've been staying. I get it. You're exaggerating to get our sympathies, right? You've been staying in very fancy places with room service and the lot! Send us the proof and we'll believe you...

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb