Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
April 16th 2015
Published: May 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hong Kong is amazing city It has a high energy excitement about it. There are signs everywhere calling itself Asia’s global city which would appear true

It is an interesting contrast of 4 strands: Traditional Chinese, Western capitalism, Chinese communism and the old British imperial system. .

While the public transport especially the metro is very efficient you also do a lot of walking between stops. In fact a lot of the transport is a tourist attraction in itself for example the star ferry between Hong Kong island and Kowloon and the ding ding tram and the famous funicular ride up to The Peak . All of these are worth doing as tourist attractions as well as being a means of transport.

The skyline of Hong Kong while incredible during the daytime it comes alive at night when the building are all glowing with signs there is even a laser night show at night. The view from either Kowloon or the water is amazing

While the population density of Hong Kong is one of the highest in the world the city only felt like any large city in the world never over crowded. They have managed to preserved and saved a number of green spaces in the city. The tops of all the hills are still bush covered as well as a number of the outer islands.

The first two days the weather was beautiful at 26 degrees, with clear blue skies, on my last daylight the rain and fog arrived and so my photos of the giant Buddha were very foggy but still and interesting trip and climb.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0185s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb