Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
June 5th 2006
Published: June 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We have left Tibet and returned to mainland China (Cheng Du) for a night. We did some touring with our local guide (she was a local Spicy Girl!), saw a show at a tea house (Pat has had enough Chinese opera to last a lifetime). The shadow puppets, slick puppets and changing faces acts were great. Before leaving, we had a wonderful visit to the Giant Panda Preserve. It was a wonderful park setting with nearly 100 pandas. We saw them everywhere - very active since it was feeding time. We also saw the young one that is the mascot for the 2008 Olympics. It was an exciting stop!

Now we are in Hong Kong. What a change! First of all it is tropical here - hot and humid. Good thing our wardrobe is versatile! Last night we were on our own for dinner so we found a very good Italian restaurant! Nice change of pace!

Today we toured the city, went on a sampan to see Aberdeen ( the floating fishing village) and the fishing boats. The afternoon was on our own so we all managed to navigate the subway to Hong Kong park and back. The system is great - very easy to use and clean. We are finding the people friendly and eager to assist when we look the least bit lost. Tonight we are going on a ferry for a harbor tour after dark and a trip to Victoria Peak to look down on the city. Unfortunately, unless the clouds clear, we may not see too much.

Off to freshen up!

Nice to hear from you.

Love to all,

Pat, Jim, Kathy and Norm

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb