Last Stop: Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
January 13th 2011
Published: January 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Trying out the Goose EggTrying out the Goose EggTrying out the Goose Egg

After staring at the goose egg for a while trying to ascertain what it was, our waiter came over and explained. We were brave and gave it a shot....but yeah. Might be an acquired taste :)
We figured that we should check out Hong Kong on our way back and we were able to hang out for one night before catching our flight to LA the next morning.

Hong Kong has an energy about it which is a bit contagious, almost like NYC. We walked around the city checking out markets and of course, I shopped a bit. I bought 3 pairs of shoes to add to my 4 pairs that I bought in Hoi An. Yep. 7 pairs of shoes total. Impressive. After post shopping happy hour drinks, we went back to our hotel to get ready for dinner.

We enjoyed an authentic meal eating roasted goose, which was delicious and goose eggs....uhhh....I guess they are a delicacy, but they were kinda weird. Then we went out for a few drinks in Lan Kwai Fong to wrap up the night.

The next morning we hopped in a cab and went BACK to the airport to catch our 13th and last flight back to Los Angeles. We moved around quite a bit on our trip but we wouldn't change a thing. It was such a wonderful experience and we are so thankful that we
Jeff Trying the Goose EggJeff Trying the Goose EggJeff Trying the Goose Egg

Jeff was brave too
got to see so much along the way. We hope you guys enjoyed our blog and thanks for reading!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Roasted Goose!Roasted Goose!
Roasted Goose!

This was actually delicious. We weren't going to order it but our waiter insisted that they were famous for their goose. Glad we did. It was really delicious and they serve it with this sweet sauce that's perfect for dipping.
Out and About in Lan Kwai FongOut and About in Lan Kwai Fong
Out and About in Lan Kwai Fong

This is a pretty happening place with a ton of bars. We enjoyed a few drinks out before turning in.


Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb