Georgia's Graduation


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
June 18th 2010
Published: June 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

A few short months ago Georgia started at the local preschool, St.Peter's Kindergarten. It goes for two and a half / three hours, three and sometimes four days a week. The Head Teacher is Ms Ho, a bright, dedicated woman with a wonderful way with children. Georgia's teacher is Mrs Tsui. Mrs Tsui is a kind woman who seems to understand Georgia well, irrespective of whether she meets Princess Georgia or Bad Hair Day Georgia.

On Friday 18 June 2010 St.Peter's held a graduation ceremony for all of the children in the preschool classes. There is quite a range of classes and ages, so it was a big affair. First there were the Graduation Certificates to be handed out, and then there was a number of performances by the children. Being a recent joiner, Georgia wasn't in any of the performances, but had her moment on the stage to receive her certificate. Luckily, I was on holidays and so could join Simone and Georgia at the ceremony.

The Graduation performances were colourful, with the children wearing a range of costumes. All of them looked wonderful, and their performances were often remarkably good for such young kids, and those who couldn't quite remember the dance steps most often stole the show by their endearing smiles and uncertain looks. There were some who were clearly destined to be stars of the stage and screen, and their delight at being on stage and able to wave to their parents lit up their lovely faces. Most importantly, everyone had a great time. Every child is likely to have happy memories of the day, as will Simone and I.



Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb