Big G plus 2


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
December 13th 2009
Published: January 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Georgia turned two in October. Milestones come thick and fast for parents of little kids. Months are acknowledged. Years are serious anniversaries. Georgia's second birthday, low key as it was, held for us (the parents) the endless fascination of a milestone in her progression, and a reference point for comparison with what had gone on before. Georgia is bigger, stronger and smarter than she was twelve months before, all of which is a source of wonder to us, something taken for granted by her, and of course, not such a big deal for the world at large. Perspective though, is not the strong suit of parents!

It has been an interesting 12 months for Georgia. There is so much for any child to get used to - new understanding that must be as confusing as it is enlightening; new experiences; new foods; and for Georgia, a new brother. But Georgia took it all in her stride, including the arrival of Byron, who to Georgia is alternatively a baby to be loved, and a competitor for toys and attention to be dealt with summarily. Fortunately for Byron it is more of the former, and together they are most usually lovely friends.

Georgia has a fun group of friends that she met through the playroom in Stanley, and like last year, they were invited to the local bakery for cakes and lemonade. The children love it, and so do their Amahs, usually from the Philippines, who take such loving care of them. And then it is time to run some of the sugar out of the system, with an intensive session of balloon football on the forecourt. Great fun.

And then on the following Sunday, with many of Joggy's friends off work for the day, Joggy, Ann and others held another party for Georgia, this time at our place. They made a lovely cake with a Princess Barbie on the top. Georgia thought it was beautiful. Everyone had such a nice afternoon.





Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb