Byron Livingstone's Big Day Out


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
March 12th 2009
Published: March 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The night before ...The night before ...The night before ...

Where's Byron?
Byron Thomas Livingstone was born on 10 March 2009, at 1.29pm (Hong Kong), weighing 3.3kg, and was 53cm long. Simone and Byron are both in good health and recovering well from their exciting but nonetheless tough experience.

Child birth is a wonderful and beautiful thing, but it is accompanied by behaviours that take some adult discipline to understand that they're beneficial.

Byron's introduction to the world was when the surgeon grabbed him by the head with industrial sized multi-grips and pulled with all his might. This was accompanied by some celebratory banter by those present, and then Byron was handed to paediatrician who started beating him on the soles of his feet, apparently to make his lungs work harder. All in all, I wouldn't blame Byron if he was a bit grumpy.

Of course, compared to his unconscious mother, he got off lightly.

But these things pass quickly in the delight of welcoming such a lovely little person. Byron has a peaceful smile, and often looks curiously, quietly around him. His voice sounds fragile and unsure, unless he's hungry. Then it can be strong, confident and insistent. However, the attentive Simone hardly gives him cause to burst
NestingNestingNesting

A new home for Byron
beyond a whisper, and while there may be medical rather than affectionate reasons for his smiles, they happen most often in Simone's company.

If we had to say who Byron looks like, we'd have to say he looks like Georgia when she was born. It feels a bit spooky. They share a lot in common, although thankfully, not Byron's big feet and hands.

Georgia loves babies and took an immediate shine to Byron. At 16 months Georgia is a delightfully engaging little girl, and she wanted to kiss Byron straight away. We had a lovely afternoon together - Simone, Georgia, Byron, Joggy and me. It is wonderful to think of Georgia and Byron as our children. We feel extremely lucky.

Thank you to everyone who sent kind wishes and flowers. We're so grateful to have Georgia and Byron and such special family and friends.






Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

And here he is!And here he is!
And here he is!

Byron at 1 hour old.
Pretty good.Pretty good.
Pretty good.

Byron passes the taste test.
The four MusketeersThe four Musketeers
The four Musketeers

Georgia, Simone, Byron and Joggy
Thank youThank you
Thank you

for all the kind wishes we have received.


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb