Simone and Georgia's first week in Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Hong Kong Island
December 26th 2007
Published: January 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

After two weeks of looking forward to their arrival, Simone and Georgia landed in Hong Kong at 6am on Friday 21 December. Having an airport pass I was able to meet them at the arrival gate and take them through immigration and customs. After nine hours of flying both looked wonderful, and Georgia had won friends in business class by not crying through the night.

Prelimary views were that Simone liked the apartment, the way I'd set it up, and the views of the Hong Kong skyline. It was a much happier place with their company, and after a bit of sleep we had a big breakfast. That night we went for dinner to Murray's, the Consul General. He has a lovely house at Deep Water Bay, with nice views of the water and the surrounding hills. It was a bit of a feast, and despite being tired, Simone and Georgia had a nice time (it was hard to stop the Filipino maid from cuddling Georgia all the time - she had such a lovely rapport with Georgia we will try to get her to work with us when Murray leaves!).

Soon it was Christmas, and we had Christmas lunch at Ralte's house. Ralte is the Indian Consul General, and were close friends with him, and his wife Ziki, and daughters Remi and Moi, during our posting in Nairobi. We were so pleased when we found out we were being posted to Hong Kong while they were there also. There was an even more special surprise for us as our friend Jacqui, who is currently posted to Honiara in the Solomon Islands, was also there, and had deliberately not told us she was visiting. Jacqui and I started at Defence together, and moved to Foreign Affairs at the same time. Jacqui is Georgia's godmother, so there were many reasons to be delighted by such a wonderful surprise.

With Simone, Georgia, Ralte and his family, and Jacqui, all in Hong Kong, it seemed like a wonderful place to spend Christmas.




Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Simone's arrivalSimone's arrival
Simone's arrival

At the airport
Georigia's arrivalGeorigia's arrival
Georigia's arrival

At the airport
Christmas partyChristmas party
Christmas party

Simone and Jo Stevens at Jo's house for a Christmas party
All rugged upAll rugged up
All rugged up

After a bath
All rugged upAll rugged up
All rugged up

After a bath
Christmas at Ralte'sChristmas at Ralte's
Christmas at Ralte's

From left: Moi, Ralte, David, Jacqui, Mike, Ziki and Remi.
Christmas at Ralte'sChristmas at Ralte's
Christmas at Ralte's

From left: Moi, Ralte, Simone, Jacqui, Mike, Ziki and Remi.


Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb