Two days in the Country


Advertisement
Georgia's flag
Asia » Georgia » Tbilisi District » Tbilisi
March 13th 2011
Published: March 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

ChuchkhalaChuchkhalaChuchkhala

II successfully forgot how to spell it from one page. Food or Sex, which do you think of first.
Quick Note: When traveling half way across the world don't end blogs mid sentence. It worries people. Mostly mothers.

Since I last wrote we went on a journey through the country side of Georgia, many things happened, some funny, some educational, all memorable. Below I will do my best to summarize the events in an exciting and hopefully entertaining manner.

After posting we headed out to play some pool and then hit up a restaurant for some beer. Pool itself wasn't very exciting; I posted a modest 6-0 record representing Canada to the best of billiard abilities. The restaurant is where things got interesting.
We asked Koka for a pitcher of beer. He had no idea what we were talking about. After a few moments of conversing Koka understood that we wanted a lot of beer. The man delivered. We were each given a 1L glass of beer along with a miki of vodka which was shot through out the night with various toasts. As the night carried on we became louder and louder and were beginning to draw some positive attention from the locals. Our waitress thought we were pretty amusing and the music in the place really
The CrewThe CrewThe Crew

Dali. Dali tried taking a photo with the camera backwards. She was looking into the lens. She did this many times.
lent itself to a positive atmosphere, that is until I finished my beer.

Now being a "man" I like to take my beer drinking with a hint of competitive sport. Thus upon being the first to finish said massive beer I held it high atop my head as if it were a trophy. Now as I held it atop it's glorious and rightful Andrea thought it would be a wise idea to place an unfinished beer underneath my finished beer. And when I brought my beer down....GOOSH. That was the noise that overtook a Georgian restaurant..GOOSH GOOSH. I successfully shattered a half litre of beer and caused a massive scene. Quickly got the bill and went home.

Stupid tourist making a huge scene in a foreign restaurant.....fun to watch.

The next day we headed out early to hit the slopes at Bakuriani. Now i'm going to post a picture which I had decided not to post. This blog is a sophisticated and well respected online entity which I believed was above the following material. It concerns chulchkhela. Chulchkhela is a sought after snack in Georgia which is varied nuts and fruits covered in syrup. Upon seeing this
Pool TPool TPool T

T'bilisi- The Republic of Georgia
snack I immediately thought of sex, sex toys, and just how many times Chulchkhela had been involved in some sort of sex. On monday we used the bus and that was when the first picture was taken. Upon getting in the bus early Friday morning I saw that Chulchkhela was still tied to my seat. After a big day of skiing, which was actually really good and Georgia was introduced to the Wombat, I returned to find my Chulchkhela half devoured.
Omari, our driver, who had worked with the equivalent of Georgian CIA escorting George Bush around had devoured my 5 day old Chulchkhela. I promptly offered him the rest.

The rest of the trip was amazing country side, castles, a bed which was more of a torture device than a bed, and cigarette smoke. There will be a picture. Georgians smoke and they smoke a lot.

It's Sunday and we're all doing our best to catch up with friends, homework, re acquaint ourselves with the internet, and enjoy some down time with new friends.




Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

1 Litre Beer1 Litre Beer
1 Litre Beer

IThis one I drank Before smashing another.
Natural Mineral WaterNatural Mineral Water
Natural Mineral Water

Here's a fun fact. If you leave this water in a cup for a day it turns brown and reeks of rust. And ya, we drank it. Jokes aside though its taken very seriously by locals.
SkiingSkiing
Skiing

T and I killing it on the hill.
BakurainiBakuraini
Bakuraini

Quite little town.
Half ChuchkelaHalf Chuchkela
Half Chuchkela

Omari had his way with my sex-snack.
More CountrysideMore Countryside
More Countryside

Ya, it's a castle.
Castle againCastle again
Castle again

Why two pics? Because it's a castle.
Heating unit at second CampusHeating unit at second Campus
Heating unit at second Campus

The school is only 700 metres away from a gas line. It will cost $40,000 American to acquire and install gas. They use coal.
OmariOmari
Omari

Ex secret service. When he steals food you give him the rest. He's actually the best driver and nicest man.
Food.Food.
Food.

It never stops
SmokeSmoke
Smoke

This was outside of our room. Not even inside.
FacultyFaculty
Faculty

The rector and Vice rector/ headmaster and assistant headmaster.


13th March 2011

Hi
Hi Blake I see you are having a great time.One thing is the beer good there or the vodka? Take care I see you transitioned easily there. Ron
13th March 2011

Ding. Boom. Goosh.
You've managed to best my Half Litre beer, and you look angry when you sleep.

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb