Adidas Sweatshops


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
May 1st 2014
Published: May 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

The Adidas company has sweatshops in China. Recently last week, protestors protested outside the Adidas store in Santa Monica's Third Street Promenade in California. The protestors were mainly college students from the Univeristy of California in Los Angeles and the University of Southern California. These students were aware of the workers in China in the sweatshops for Adidas. They were disgusted when they found out that the workers only recieve less than $1.60 a day. The protestors went inside the store to aware the costumers; however, the employees made no comment. Some of the costumers were shocked that what they were buying was being made from people with hard labour. They joined the protestors. Some of the costumers had some relations with what the college students were saying, and they exited the store. The students wanted to raise money, so it can be sent to the workers in China, but they said" As long as people here are more aware that's the gain out of this." Over 1000 workers died, and they work in 35 degrees farenhiet weather. The Adidas's company is trying to find a way to make their products without using cheap labour or abusive labour.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.587s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb