Large Corporations


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
April 30th 2014
Published: April 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Many people usually buy products without thinking how they are made. One major corporation that has been accused of having sweatshops would be that of the famous brand Nike. Nike has been accused of having sweatshops, but has denied all accusations to the claim. Even though Nike has made thousands if not millions of dollars, the condition they place their workers in is still low. Workers would have to work in a large area, but is cramped with hundreds of other workers. Even though they are slightly better than sweatshops in other regions, conditions are still fairly poor. They must not only work in tight conditions, but also must work in hot conditions, almost nonstop labor, sometimes abused by the bosses, and receive very little pay. The pay has launched a major change for the past few days in China. Workers have left the sweatshops and are not on strike against the large corporations for getting very little pay. This ongoing protest is one of the most historic events up to date. Ways in which we can resolve problems occurring with sweatshops is that we can give the workers a more reasonable place to work in. Also, the companies can start paying them minimum wage or have different shifts in which the works can rotate to take breaks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb