Xian Day 1


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
May 23rd 2009
Published: May 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We had a train to Xian at 9:30A.m. so took a little time to walk thru Peony Park on the way back from coffee at Mc Donald's. I showed Mike where we had taken Sunny, Bel and Elias to play.
The train station was full of drama. Our train was over 1hour late and we were waiting just dozing. We heard a commotion and looked to see a man yelling at the train officials. As is typical, the chinese gathered around the man watching, then more people yelled. We laid low as we were unsure if the situation would deteriorate but finally most people dispursed. Then another person came along and started yelling at the officials.
All of the sudden it was time for the train to come. The officials opened the gates and we all surged to the platform where we got on the train.
After checking into a hotel I'd stayed at when I brought my parents we went and looked at the Bell Tower where the bell would ring in the early days of Xian, walked on the old wall, then went to the Musln quarter. By then we were hungry so we found a resturant where a menu was in english and chinese but packed with chinese people. BBQ'd chicken and beef was great.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.6s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.159s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb