Hong Kong to Guilin (China)


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China
June 19th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hong Kong to Guilin (China)
Asia » China » Guangxi » Guilin By 00jase
June 19th 2007
Bruce
Bruce
Up at 10:00 packed and went downstairs to check out and dump my bags off in storage.

Myself and Mick went looking for a bank but it turned out to be a public holiday and they were all closed (hense why they were all so busy yesturday.)

We had an early lunch at Yokynoia again and then headed down to the waterfront to find the avenue of the stars. We didnt have long so we couldnt venture very far. It was again another very hot and very sunny day in HK.

Wondered down the avenue and spotted the stars of Jackie Chang and Chow yung Fat before stumbeling apon the large statue of Hong Kong Cinemas Star of the Centuary, Bruce Lee.

At 2:30 We started to head back to the Hotel and met the others in the lobby. We then went down to the basement where our luggage was being stored and where there were some Taxis waiting to take us to the Ferry terminal. 10 minutes later we were at the ferry terminal going through immigration and soon afterward that we were riding on a Cat to the Chinese or mainland city of Shenzhen.

Here we cleared Chinese immigration and we were now officially in China proper.

We caught a bus to Shenzhen airport which looked like a small version of Stansted. Everything had gone smoothly so we some time to kill at the airport, o we had dinner (Duck noodle soup).

An hour later we were on board the China Southern airline to Guilin, which only took an hour. Now being in deepist darkest China I figured aprt from the odd english word popping up here and there I would be now in very unfamiliar territory. So it came to my suprise when the inflight entertainment was none other then Mr Bean.

When we landed in Guilin the sun had set but from what I could tell from the bus journey to the hotel was that it was a very modern city (most of it had been bombed by the japs in the war.) But in true Chinese style the whole place was light up like Christmas.

We checked into the very plush Hotel and after taking a shower and getting changed we all met up downstairs for a quick drink before heading off to bed at 11:00.

Tomorrow we had an earlyish start.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb