Grand Quantang-tide


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Zhejiang » Hangzhou
October 8th 2006
Published: October 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Grand tideGrand tideGrand tide

Do you feel his powerful strength? He can take a car away easily!
At first, this is my first blog writing by English, don't be surprise it's must be exists some language-error, I'll appreciate if any one give me a advice or teaching.
In 18th August of chinese old style calendar(this year it's 10/8/2006 AD. ), there is the maximal tide of the Quantang river in this year. And the 18th days of every month in chinese old style calendar, there be also maximal tide in a month. Interestingly,there are two Julys in this year of chinese old style calendar, and that day just was sunday, we made a planning to look this grand view about Quantang-tide.

folksay , there are more foods for the bird which get up earliest, as tour that is same way. A good seat-position of bus or a good photographic position, that should be a reason for you get up early. If there not are enough, there are absolute reason that is only 2 tides for a day,one arrives about 13:30PM and another is 0:30AM in dark night 😊 So, we must get to the Yanguan town before 12:00pm, where is a small, age-old and royalty-tinge town locate east Hangzhou city.

Yanguan town
abuliding waveabuliding waveabuliding wave

It was been growing up more stronger.
also is a famous leather-town , there're many workshop of leather industry side by the road. Quanlong king walked through here with his housecarl several hundred years ago. there're many story be come down till today about this great emperor of china in tsing dynasty. but this time our destination was the looking-tide park that been built just for looking tide of Quantang river.

We had found that the bus was moving to west, the direction is to Hangzhou city,we're realized that we might be made a mistake about our journey.(In fact,we did)

We had been around by Two or three men made us nervous when we arrived the looking-tide park's portal. They had show some picture of tides and commending their "Three looking of one tide". They suggested us "You should get a better tide-looking with my lead , if you enter the park you'll can only look the 'Line-tide', that's not enought, you will miss the grand looking of 'return-tide' and 'impact-tide'.As the matter of in fact,it's same fee—¥40" We accepted their suggestion.(In fact, It's true,finally we made a correct decision).

All of these man are moto-tricycle driver.we had aboard one. There
line-tideline-tideline-tide

It's about 800 meters width ,and become narrower
are 3 hours to the tide's arriving. we went to age-old-street of Yuanguan,there is free without ticket. The Quanlong king was living here. I leave my cellphone number to the tricycle driver for he know the time well when the tide arrive,he could remind us if necessary.

The tide was arrived! It's a nice feeling that run with the water-wave. The motor tricycle driver always can find a way through out from crowded bank,even there was full of people and car.

The tide has powerful strength, when the "return-tide" pervade up the bank, a white car had been bring away, it's disappeared just in 1 minute.

Fee list:
¥25 ticket of bus, Hangzhou city to Haining city (this is needless, the No.523 bus can directly bring you there, only ¥3)
¥6 ticket of bus, Haining city to Yanguan town(this is a mistake too)
¥5 lunch, a bowl of noodle
¥20 Tricycle fee
¥5 Extra tip for tricycle driver's high quality service
¥3 ticket of bus,the No.523 bus return to Hangzhou city


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Impact-tideImpact-tide
Impact-tide

more than 10 meters high,yes,it really did.
Street with creekStreet with creek
Street with creek

beautiful street in Yanguan town
Joy with my peopleJoy with my people
Joy with my people

A performing about Quanlong king,who's a great emperor in tsing dynasty.


Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb