Field Trip Number 3


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Zhejiang » Hangzhou
May 31st 2012
Published: May 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

We had our third field trip of the program last night, and we went to a park that was all themed like the Song Dynasty. There was a lot of old typical buildings and sights to see that were a part of the Song Dynasty in China as well as a show at the end of the night. We went to see the show titled "The Legend of Romance." This was about the legend that is the Chinese version of Romeo and Juliet. Although the little bit that was spoken was not understood by us, most of the show was dancing and reenactments so it was alright. They all wore traditional costumes and was really cool to see. Unfortunately it rained the entire day so it didnt make for too much fun.

We also had another birthday earlier this week and got to celebrate that in a fun way too. Kung Fu Panda (yet again because we're in China) was watched after that celebration but by the time everyone got back from Walmart to stock up on food for our trip it was 10:30 by the time we started celebrating his birthday so I went to bed instead of watching the movie.

In a few hours we are all heading out to the train station to catch the train to Beijing for the weekend. Since we had our midterm in class today, we have a three day weekend so we are definitely taking advantage of it! We board the train tonight and its an overnight train and we arrive in Beijing tomorrow morning. By the time we get there and get all of our stuff together, hopefully it will be time to check into our hotel and get everything situated. Our hotel is literally right next to the Forbidden City and so we are planning on doing that with the rest of our Friday and then visiting the Great Wall on Saturday!! I am so excited I can't wait!



Sara


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb