Haining - River's wave


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Zhejiang » Haining
September 13th 2008
Published: August 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Back to Hangzhou again, this time we come to see the tidal bore of the Qiantang river, that is the same to the Amazona's river from Brazil, and they call it as "Pororoca" in Brazil. The phenomenon happens when the sea invade the river, and the river must have a funnel shape to the sea side. The tidal bore from the Qiantang river is the biggest of the world, it can reach 9 meters high of the wave.
There is a show in Hangzhou, at West lake, it was made by the director Zhang Yi Mo, the same person did the opening ceremony of the Olympics games in Beijing. This show tell a story about a couple of the lovers, and also use the tidal bore of the Qiantang river as part of the show, because the Qiantang river going into the land will reach the Hangzhou city.
This time I went to the place with my mom, there was the Mid-Autumn holiday, that is a important day for Chinese, that is a day for familiar union, the same for the Chinese new year, that is when I always travel with my mom while I was in China.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1657s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb