The trek! (Nov 2007)


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » Tiger Leaping Gorge
November 9th 2007
Published: November 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We trekked the Tiger Leaping Gorge and it has to be the highlight so far! It was amazing and the views were spectacular. It was pretty tough on the old legs though.... especially the calves!

We did the trek over 2 days.There were 16 of us in the group and we had 3 guides, Margot, Ali (a local guide), Julie our group leader, and Margot's 2 dogs - Baby and Mo Mo. Margot and the dogs were amazing, they pretty much run up! The first day was the toughest as it was pretty steep and we were very breathless (obviously due to the altitude and not us being unfit....).

We trekked for about 5 hours the first day and had plenty of stops for water and food. We ate the best lunch (we all claimed it was the best so far but it was prob due to us being so hungry from walking!) and stayed at a lovely guest house the first night. We all sat outside to eat our dinner (which again was the best meal we had ever had!) under the stars and it was wonderful. We were all so tired that we were in bed at about 9 to get some good rest for the next day. I was hoping it wouldn't be as hard the 2nd day....

We had a good breakfast (muesli and banana pancakes) and headed out for the 2nd day which was mainly flat for the morning and then downhill for the afternoon. Me and Chris had bought some bamboo sticks for the downhill descent which really helped! It was really lovely on the 2nd day because we could appreciate the views much more as we weren't gasping for breath or looking so much where we were stepping. We trekked for about 6 hours again and arrived at our final guesthouse, The Walnut Tree where we had by far the best meal.... and some beers to celebrate!

Love Lou and Chris. xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

The wonderful hats! The wonderful hats!
The wonderful hats!

They even zipped off so you could cool your head down and look even cooler of course....
The sunset view from the guesthouseThe sunset view from the guesthouse
The sunset view from the guesthouse

There was only about 30 seconds of this wonderful pink light on the mountains so we were all manically taking photos!
Mo Mo and me! Mo Mo and me!
Mo Mo and me!

The dog needed a little carry every so often....!


14th November 2007

You go girls.....x x
16th November 2007

Wow!
Hey it looks like you're having an amazing time. I'm so jealous, me and Paul never made it to the Tiger Leaping Gorge. We'll have to just go back again... Where is next for you? Hope you have fun with Dominic. Can't belive you're going to see him! How funny. Take care guys xxx
21st November 2007

Nice to see you guys walking I thought you would be dossing around still. Lokks absolutely amazing. Take care Paulie X
26th November 2007

Hey Paulie! Lovely to hear from you! I have officially changed! No longer a complete dosser.... still unemployed but I actually walk now! He he! How are ya? The house all finished now? xxx

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb