...them stones


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » Shilin
September 1st 2009
Published: September 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

If up'till now I always had a genuine feeling of China... this limestone forrest definately didn't give me one. The place is out of time and out of any special coordinates. It could just as well have been somewhere in the mediteranean. Maybe cause Slovenian Carst has been the base for the carstic terminology and it's something I grew up with. Or maybe just because carst is carst...wherever it may be. So all kinds of formations found here... were notnig new for me. But here I'm talking only about segments of carst. This forrest is a total upgrade of all my carstic knowledge. As if someone has been giventools and basic carstic elements and has digitalised it but then also carved it out for real!

stone ...work of art!

artists: WATER ...with some assistance of WIND

...just forget about the time, get lost in a wonderworld and start sculpting... ...bringing out your own visions of characters out of the limestone. They're gazing right back at you as you cruise among them.


se opravicujem za hahaha...60 fotk samih kamnov!, samo res med njimi kar oddtavas, in samo se klikas (fotk imam veliko vec, res sem naredila izbor izborov)
_ _ _

Mao Zedong's ODE TO THE PLUM BLOSSOM

Wind and rain escorted Spring's departure,
Flying snow welcome Spring's return.
On the ice-clad rock rising high and sheer
A flower blossom sweet and fair.

Sweet and fair, she craves not Spring for herself alone,
To be the harbinger of Spring she is content.
When the mountain flowers are in full bloom
She will smile mingling in their midst.


Additional photos below
Photos: 62, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

the biggest crowdthe biggest crowd
the biggest crowd

is of course in a part of Small Stone Forrest, where Chairman Mao once passed as well
Mao Zedong's ODE TO THE PLUM BLOSSOMMao Zedong's ODE TO THE PLUM BLOSSOM
Mao Zedong's ODE TO THE PLUM BLOSSOM

Wind and rain escorted Spring's departure, Flying snow welcome Spring's return. On the ice-clad rock rising high and sheer A flower blossom sweet and fair. _____________________________________________ Sweet and fair, she craves not Spring for herself alone, To be the harbinger of Spring she is content. When the mountain flowers are in full bloom She will smile mingling in their midst.
this could be....this could be....
this could be....

...anywhere in the mediteranean


3rd September 2009

Glasujem za sliko št.32!
...ce bi slo za tekmovanje, seveda... Mogoce bi bil res čisti overdose telih kamnin... ampak z Odo slivovemu cvetu od Maota je vse drugač... :)

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb