Missed Flight


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » Kunming
May 1st 2011
Published: May 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We were excited about attending Dalian International Christian Fellowship (DICF) Sunday morning, but first since everyone was still waking up early we strolled through the park to check out the local people on an early morning. It is now a holiday season Labor Day so it is in 1st Monday of May so the tradition is to spend time with family and just go to the parks, take a walk, and fly a kite. The park was full of people. They had an elderly band playing with an opera singer. Men and women were praticing tai chi and stick fighting. couples were doing ball room style dancing in the square. Also people were just doing exercise routines. Most people were familys with the 40 and older crowd doing all of the workout activities. So first hand we got to see how being healthy in terms of staying fit is just a part of the day in the culture.

We arrived at church and saw the many nations represented. It is located on the 30th floor of a tall building and room the church is in can hold about 200 people. The choir and the message was a blessing to everyone and it was good to fellowship. After church we split up because the plan was to squeeze in more shopping before the afternoon flight to Yunnan Provience. So a group went off to get some more custom made dresses made and do some shopping. Also get some more street food which the bok choi and fried bread was a big hit. When we all reconnected at the house it was off to the airport but day 3 of moving with the group of 7 we have found that when we decide to go it happens in slow motion and a simple act of all getting in a car or taking luggage down an elevator takes 20 minutes. So we arrive at the airport 30 minutes before our 5 hour flight and then they refused to let us on. So we missed our flight. After 2 hours of trying to work it out, plead, argue and tell them we must get another flight out, we did fly out on another flight and was able to all fly 1st class to the city. Well only 5 of us was suppose to be in 1st class but the other 2 just settle our way in the section but the flight attendants made it be known that they would only serve us 5 1st class meals. In China that let foreign people get away with things and I made sure to tell them that we were VIP guest in the country. Our driver was told that the Royal Family of Shreveport was arriving.

At midnight we arrived in the southwest part of China. The weather was much warmer and humid. We went to a China Style hotel where a hard bed awaited all of us. We were ready to start a new day. For a few minutes in the airport it looked like the whole trip was going to have to change and we would not make it but God made a way for the adventure to continue.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb