Hump on Fuxing Cun


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » Kunming
March 27th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Imagine my childish delight to find out our hostel (the Hump) in Kunming is on a road called Fuxing Cun. Brilliant!

I must apologise for my rant against Pandas in the last blog, but seriously: no-one would care less about them if they wern't so damn cute. Anyway. Back to Kunming. We opted for the much more sensible plane ride (1hr) opposed to the train (22hr). Flight was ok and it was nice to land in warm weather. I can dispose of the jumper for the first time since Honkers and hopefully that will be last of that.

Kunming is definitely the nicest city so far in China. It is much more green and has a much more mediterranean feel to it. Unfortunately we only have a couple of days to enjoy it. The only real attraction is a Stone forest, which was formed in a similar way to Giants Causeway. It is essentially a load of rocks that have been pushed through the Earth to form a giant forest of stone. A very attractive sight.

On a different note: there is a guy in the hostel from Leicester who watched the England v Portugal game from the world cup in the same bar as me in Leicester! It was the 1 and only time I ever went in that bar - freaky or what! He is trying to get from England to Australia without taking a flight. Braver than me!

So that's it. All that is left of China is a 10 hour bus ride to Hekou, then to walk over the border to Vietnam. It will be nice to see the Roman alphabet after 3 weeks of Chinese script.....




Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb