In transit


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » Kunming
November 7th 2006
Published: November 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

In transitIn transitIn transit

The cloud cover with some of Yunnans highest peaks peeking through
It was a long trip back to Zhongdian which saw us pass through fresh snow, sunshine and driving snow and rain - definately four seasons in one day. We held hopes that the snow might even reach Zhongdian but its lack of altitude meant that we were only treated with some rain and a bloody freezing cold front. We arrived back into the warmth of the guesthouse before Nunny did a spot of shopping in the old town and we settled back in the hostel and played with the animals and the locals for a while.

Heading out after a while for our final tibetan meal and then turning it in at a reasonable hour for our flight at 8am the next morning.

It was a brief trip back to Kunming but one that saw us fly above the skyline with some awesome peaks poking through the cloud cover and descending almost as soon as we reached cruising altitude - the flight over in about 40 mins (vs 18 hours on the bus).

Back in Kunming we checked back in to our favourite little place with the awesome toilet stuffed around all day not doing too much of
In transitIn transitIn transit

In the airplane with our talkative buddy Mr Window Seat
note before another early night for another early flight to Xian. This one was with an unknown airline that all we knew about was it's carrier code. Arriving at Kunming Airport we were greeted by the beast - Lucky Airlines... feeling lucky punk?

Well we were feeling lucky, kind of, and Andrew still held out that his 'small luck' gifted to him in Laos was still current after seemingly no glitches on the record to date. Nunny closed her eyes most of the way dreading the consequences.

Needless to say we touched down in Xian safely.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

In transitIn transit
In transit

The mountains poke through the clouds enroute from Zhongdian to Kunming
In transitIn transit
In transit

Ok for all you toilet fetishists - we got a photo of our favourite dunny on our return to Kunming
In transitIn transit
In transit

Nunnys feeling lucky??!!


Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0948s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb