Day 15


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Yunnan » Dali
August 11th 2008
Published: August 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Road to Beijing - Day 15

Following our anniversary embarassment, we headed out to do some serious sightseeing aiming to ask inciteful intelligent questions to reclaim some pride amongst the locals of liajang. However our first stop at a monastary just saw us dancing like giant bufoons with tiny weeny local ladies before James impromptu nose bleed lead to the guide wanting to take us to hospital. Nadia's "carry on it happens all the time" was greated with looks of amazement as she strolled up the hill having dismissively thrown the toilet roll it is essential to have with you in China at all times in James direction.

We just decided to stayed quiet smiled and nodded(not to hard for James) and tried to leave the city with dignity, a very pleasant evening in this beautiful town ensued adn we left with heads held high, if only to stem the blood flow!?!?

The next morning we left early with just our driver for company who whilst a tremendously happy and smiley chap spoke no English. The three hour journey to Dali looked like a good opportunity to catch up on some sleep until he produced a CD with
Dancing Baffoon #2Dancing Baffoon #2Dancing Baffoon #2

Nadia feels tall!
a Union Jack on it and proudly put it on. Mambo No 5 followed by the Macherana did not bode well at 7.00am but he was so please with himself we didn't have the heart to ask him to turn it off. Half way through the journey we found his English repertoire extende beyond Hello, Goodbye and Thankyou the only words we had heard from him in 3 days. We pulled in a shopping parade and he turned and shout ed at us W.C and smiled we said we were fine but he shouted again and again W.C W.C W.C until we finally got out of the car which he locked and took himself off for a pee!

Dali was nestled on the edge of a lake by mountains and was another beautiful town We visited Pagoda's, went on the lake, saw a spring, did lots of touristy things then left. I realise devoting twice as much time to the drivers toilet story than this breathtaking ancient town may be a little callous but the pictures we hope to put on here soon will say it all far better than I can.

Onwards to Xian and the terracotta
3 Pagodas3 Pagodas3 Pagodas

Something that is actually really old!
army and some mountain climbing, Plus the Start if the Olympics come on team GB!!!(actually tapping my feet and drumming the table whilst writing this am very, VERY excited!!!)

Bring on Beijing the Brits are coming

Jd and Nads




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb