Amazing Urumqi


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Xinjiang » Urumqi
September 30th 2015
Published: October 3rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Discover the "Beautiful Pasture"



Are you tired of having holidays near the sea? Or do you refuse to travel to most visited places just only because you are a nonconformist? If yes, then this blog about magnificent Urumqi city is just for you!

Urumqi is a capital of Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region of China... The population is about 3,112, 559...blah...blah...blah...and other information that can be found in Wikipedia... The only catchy information for me from the Internet is that Urumqi is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the city farthest from any ocean or sea.

The most exciting place for me in Urumqi is HongShan Park. The park is named HongShan, which means Red Hill, because there is a hill in the center of the city with a red brick pagoda calleb Zhen Long Ta on its top.

Activities:


• To tramp thousand of stairs in order to climb the HongShan and thousand more to get back
• To have a look of a city from the Zhen Long Ta
• Take some breathtaking selfies
• Publish your selfies on Instagram with hashtag #Redhillwhichisnotred
• To chat up with Chinese ramlers.


After hours of climbing such arduous hill, you will definitely have three feelings. One of them is a joy, second is pain in the knee and the last one is hunger. Then what should we do? Yes, we will have a long-awaited FOOD TIME......Yeah......

There are many nationalities, so you will have majority various choices. I advice everyone to go to XinJiang DiYiPan, which can be translated as The First Plate of XinJiang. Here you can try their 'piece de resistance' DaPanJi. It is the most delicious chicken I have ever eaten. I can't believe that it is possible, but sometimes it is more tastier than KFC!

XinJiang DiYiPan's address: TiYuGuan Lu Street, 555, Urumqi, China (0991-8834777) The architecture of this restaurant always catches the passer-by's attention, so it is easy to find it. You can get there by taxi or just hitch-hike your way!

So, I hope that you will enjoy your trip to Urumqi and I wish you a good luck in understanding the Chinese language. P.S. drivers in Urumqi NEVER stop to let the pedastrians get by!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb