Hemu and home


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Xinjiang » Lake Kanas
July 3rd 2022
Published: July 21st 2022
Edit Blog Post

Hemu




Hem was a relatively short drive from the Lake Kanas National Park. We arrived in the early evening after leaving the Park. As we drove towards the village it looked like there were two locations. The larger habitat was a little bit lower down the valley. We ended up at the smaller and higher of the two. We were picked up and taken to our accommodation. By this time it was getting late and after dumping our bags we congregated in the nearest restaurant for an evening meal. Shortly after to bed.

The next morning I arose early and walked around the town. It was fairly small and there was a lot of construction going on. This place is being developed at an amazing rate, Breakfast was simple local fare back at the same restaurant we had dined in the evening before. It turned out the restaurant was part of our hotel accommodation. We all split up and went our separate ways. Paths and walking trails started right at the edges of the village. Suddenly you were in the countryside and subject to the spectacular views of the valley and the mountains surrounding the valley. I discovered a coffee shop and advised my fellow travelers. Soon we had all congregated there. Coffee was a theme of this trip. Good coffee is hard to find where we live, great coffee is almost impossible.

Once again we went our separate ways, I wandered nowhere in particular, sat in the sun to chillout , and ended up talking with some of the local boys who were working in the resort during their holidays.

In fact the coffee shop was so good that we went back for lunch. As we were eating a couple came in and started playing the Piano. I had not noticed the Piano as I walked in. One of our group, Hamish, can play so he took a turn also to applause from the other pianists. The meal was gorgeous, the wine was flowing, the day was now warm and sunny. It was a wonderful way to end our tour.

Because the tour was over, after lunch it was time to go to Kanas Airport and fly home.

All done.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb