LiZhuang Ancient Town


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Yibin
January 18th 2019
Published: January 18th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,
Had to go to Yibin for a few days and instead of staying in the city we went to LiZhuang which is an 1 hour 20 mins on a city bus outside the city on the banks of the Yangtze river. It is a lovely, vibrant small old town with some beautiful buildings and temples. It has managed to escape the gentrification that has hit most old towns, but it won't be long before that changes.

In the Sino-Japanese war LiZhaung was used as a base for the army to launch attacks. Some universities from Beijing and Shanghai also relocated here to escape the Japanese occupation. Many important items of art and cultural objects from museums in Nanjing were also stored in the old buildings.

Staying here has been a trial. Hotels would not accept foreign guests. This has not been made easier due to the fact that I have no passport and am travelling with the paper given to me at the PSB in Shaoyang while they update my residence permits.

Apart from that we have spent a lovely couple of days just wandering the streets and temples and the riverside setting was just beautiful in the morning as the sun was peeping over the old buildings.

Enjoy the photos

JAH Bless


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb