Empty Streets of LangZhong


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Nanchong
February 24th 2016
Published: February 24th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,
Not far north of Ma'an is the city of Langzhong. On the other side of the river from the bus station is the old town, a small part of the Qing dynasty city. We stayed in the Ancient Hotel Courtyard Hotel, which is the most wonderful rambling old wooden courtyard house, list price was 468 rmb but with it being spring festival, and not many tourists, we paid only 120 rmb.
The old city is very pretty with quite a variety of different shops. With it being low season some of the buildings, museums and shops were shut but it made a refreshing change not to have to push through the hustle and bustle one finds in these old cities in the summertime. We did watch the shadow puppets which were great fun.
On our last morning we went out to the Muslim quarter to visit the mosque, a beautiful building with that lovely mix of Arabian and Chinese style. The Zhangfei niurou, the local beef, was much cheaper here away from the tourist parts of the city.
I loved the old houses and buildings, especially the Imperial Examination Hall.

Enjoy the photos

Jah Bless


Additional photos below
Photos: 73, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb