Wonderful Kangding


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Kangding
July 24th 2018
Published: July 24th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,
Really enjoyed these few days here in Kangding. Kangding is a city on the edge of the Tibetan plateau and has served as a trading post between Tibetans and Han Chinese for centuries.
Visited 2 monasteries, Nanwu Si and Jingang Si. Both have a long history but the current buildings are relatively new as they were destroyed during the Cultural Revolution.
Both are wonderfully colourful. We lingered longer in Jingang Si as the monks were at prayer so we sat in the hall listening to the drums, cymbals and amazing long horns which were being played as they chanted their mantras.
There was a dining hall around the back and we sat and had a vegetarian meal with some monks for 5 RMB, 60 pence. One monk was keen to practice his English and we talked about the World Cup.
In the afternoon we went for a relaxing soak in the ErDao hot springs. There was a public pool which cost 15 RMB for an unlimited time or there were private rooms which you could rent by the hour. The public pool was not at all busy so we stayed in the sulphurous water for about 3 hours. I smelt like a burnt match when I came out of the water.??
Moving on towards Litang today and tomorrow.

Enjoy the photos
JAH bless


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb