Cuisine Museum


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
June 17th 2017
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Today my class and I went to a cuisine museum. Our tour guide was this awesome chef called Colin. He was really funny and his English was pretty good, although he kept saying he was nervous because he thought his English was bad. He showed us through a museum that told the history of China’s foods and utensils. There was a beautiful garden with pathways that wove in between the different buildings. We walked around the garden till we reached a covered eating area. There was one other tourist group already there when we arrived, they were Americans and one girl said she thought our accent was cool. My class sat and had lunch, which was a combination of tiny bowls with noodles, dumplings and sweet soup. Most of the little dishes were spicy and made everyone’s nose run. After lunch, Colin took us to a cemented area that was covered in large pots. The class had to wear hair-nets and we got to churn some of the fermented chili that had been sitting in the pots for over three years. Afterwards, Colin brought us into what I suspect was their restaurant. He started to serve us tea in little cups. The chairs we sat on were dark wood and had carvings up the sides of them. Colin then brought my class to a place with two tables. On the tables were beans, white dough, utensils and an assortment of foods. We made little panda dumplings and chopped up some celery, capsicum, cucumber and carrot. We poured vinegar and water into small a container along with several chilies and other spices. After the food museum, we drove to where the International Festival of the Intangible Cultural Heritage was being held. My class had around 1 and a half hours to look through the buildings. There were so many different cultural objects that were for sale. It was a really interesting and fun day.

Autumn

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb