Dujiangyuan Irrigation System


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
June 13th 2017
Published: June 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

My class and I went on an all day trip. We used the school bus to drive to the Dujiangyuan Mountains. It took around 2 hours to get to the bottom of the mountains. There were beautiful temples and people dressed as Micky Mouse and monkey people. We posed with them and afterwards they charged us, even though we didn’t know we had to pay them, but it was going to a good cause. Before we started walking up the mountain, the teachers said we should sing ‘Land Down Under’ in front of everyone. It sounded ok and people started videoing us and staring. The walk was really pretty and people kept asking to take photos with us. We crossed a long, suspended walkway that stretched across the river. The water was flowing so fast and would most likely kill you if you jumped in.

For lunch we went to a famous restaurant that the president of China went to after the 2008 Sichuan earthquake. They prepared the food so quickly and it tasted really nice. Near where the bus was parked a tiny ginger kitten was tied to a tree. It was so little and cute, and wasn’t afraid of us at all. We got on the bus and drove through the mountains until we reached a water-rafting place. We didn’t go though because none of us had a spare change of clothes or the money with us, the water was really cold. The bathroom walls were made of marble and it had two TV’s and two coaches. A chandelier hung from the ceiling and the doors were frosted glass and were automatic. The mountains are really beautiful and sharper then the ones in Cairns.

Autumn

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb