A Sunny Saturday Morning


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
August 15th 2015
Published: August 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The front room with a 20 foot ceilingThe front room with a 20 foot ceilingThe front room with a 20 foot ceiling

I usually sit on the couch against the wall with my computer on the table in front.
It is a bright sunny saturday morning which means it will be a hot scorching day unless we get some rain in the afternoon.

Last night was fun with a long walk to a Ito Yokada shopping center mall (mostly high end clothing and household goods, cosmetics etc.). Our destination was a Japanese restaurant. We each ordered separately but ended up sharing many items. The mall was incredibly clean and filled with shoppers - most with small children. After a pleasant dinner, interrupted sporadically by Wechat and text messages via the wifi provided at almost every restaurant and tea shop in Chengdu, we departed and walked for about twenty minutes to a kind of bar, kind of retail store, that sold over 100 varieties of imported beer from around the world. You could sit and sample the beverages there or carry away. We did both.

It rained off and on all evening so it was lucky we thought to take umbrellas when we left for dinner. After returning to the apartment rather than having beer we enjoyed some arak from the Amdo Rebkong region. It is particularly clean and pure because of the quality of the water in that
The Dining RoomThe Dining RoomThe Dining Room

Which serves as a study and library also.
region. Only two small glasses each and then it was time for bed. I have included two photos of the apartment. The first is of the front room and the second the dining room which is used as a study while the rest of the family is away for the summer.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb