Work, Work, Work


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
August 14th 2015
Published: August 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

I missed posting yesterday because it was an early start to a busy day and I didn't return to the apartment until late. We spent the day organizing and re-organizing the the collection of paintings. they have all been re-numbered, each individually labelled, listed in order on paper and inputed into digital format with measurements for each work. What hasn't yet been done or even begun is condition reports for each painting. In NY I have generic forms for this. I don't want to have to work from scratch here. The condition reports can wait until later. The paintings have all been cross referenced with the corresponding pages on HAR. Now begins the job of doing specific write-ups for each painting. There are a few textiles in the mix but mostly paintings.

Yesterday was very hot and bright until late afternoon when it began to rain then proceed to get even more humid. We had both lunch and dinner in the hosts private dining room. It was very pleasant with good organic food from East Tibet. Our driver brought us back late but we stayed up much longer continuously talking about the project and other art topics.

Today it rained very heavily until about mid afternoon. I think the summer rains have arrived in Chengdu. This means that it will likely rain almost everyday for some portion of time. It can be very heavy and also be punctuated with bursts of thunder and lightning. The outside temperature is cool for now but if the sun comes out the temperature can easily spike into the mid 90s. Tonight will be more relaxed with a nice dinner out, probably Sichuan food since we have been eating Tibetan food for the past few days. I know this post sounds boring, well that is because I am feeling a little tired. The heat and humidity were probably sapping my energy. I am having trouble loading photos. Hopefully I can figure out the problem which is most likely user error. More later....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0723s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb