Safe in Shenyang... it's raining but that won't dampen our spirits


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shenyang
July 22nd 2009
Published: July 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Ni Hao from Shenyang in the northeast of China.

We don't have much to report as today was our travel day. We got up with the sun, grabbed breakfast and headed to the airport for our domestic flight on China Southern Airlines. We said goodbye to our great guides Oscar and Sammy and we were able to do a group check-in which was much faster than individual check-ins. The flight is only 1 hour and most of the students slept or just chatted.

When we landed we met our new tourguides Coco and Adi whose nickname is Adidas. They greeted us and took us for lunch at wonderful dumpling restaurant where yet again there was a great variety of food. Some students said our best yet!

The afternoon was a couple of hours of free time to shop in small groups before we met back at the hotel to go to a country meal at one of the local restaurants.

It is raining here in Shenyang which hopefully will cool the city down a bit. The city is much less developed than Beijing but there is a lot of construction going on.

Tomorrow we will visit some of the local sites here in Shenyang and Friday afternoon we head to Dalian where we will be for the rest of our adventure.

Hope this message finds you all well.

Take care,

the TDSB Chinese Heritage Summer Camp students and supervisors

Advertisement



22nd July 2009

Hope the weather will be cooler.......
Thanks for the message again. Let's hope the weather will be cooler for you folks from now on. FYI, the weather had been pretty cool and nice back here in Toronto. Wish you all a continuous fun and exciting trip..... Best regards, Stella Pang-Ng (Sing-Yan's mom)

Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1018s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb