The Bund


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
September 26th 2015
Published: September 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

These are photos from our trip to possibly the most famous tourist destination in Shanghai, The Bund. The first few are just some pictures of the city on our way there. The area is surrounded by nice high-end stores, as well as more touristy ones like the M&M's store we stopped by. The Bund is famous for it's view of the three tallest buildings in Shanghai, and some of the tallest in the world. The one on the far left made with the large orbs is the Oriental Pearl Tower. It was the first iconic structure of the Shanghai skyline, being the tallest from 1994-2007, when it was beat by the Shanghai World Financial Center. That would be the one toward the right that was shaped like a bottle opener. That record was held until this year, when it was beaten by the Shanghai Tower, the farthest right enormous structure. This is also the tallest structure in China, and the second tallest building in the world. The Bund is the standard image of Shanghai, representing China's rapid development. I included a photo I found online of the difference between the view from the Bund in 1990 and 2010.

Also there's been a trend of having a lot of people stop to take pictures of us while we pose for group pictures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb