Shanghai Expo by Aiden


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
October 25th 2010
Published: December 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We went to the Shanghai World Expo, it was really cool in weird way there were lots of pavilions showing that country’s culture and ideas. As it seemed half the population of China wanted to see the Expo we had a hard time getting a hotel and we had to move hotel almost every day we were there!

There were many people at the Expo so the larger countries had lines that could be up to 4hrs. We decided that we would visit some of the small countries first.

We went to the Serbian Pavilion, In this pavilion we learned all about the Milankovitch Calander which was made by a Serbain Man by the name of Milankovich. This calander only looses 1 day every 43000 Years, which is much more accurate than the callender currently accepted. This calendar is the most accurate in the world today. And was a highlight of the things we learnt about at the Expo. It had lots of bright colours on the outside too like a rainbow.

After the Serbian Pavillion we visited the French Pavilion which was Callum’s choice. He is into anything French now because he has a French teacher at his Australian Steiner School. The pavilion had the biggest line of the pavilions that we visited, but we were keep entertained with lots of people watching. Inside was a really big old trampline and lots of info on the Eifel tower and French fashion models.

There was one huge African Pavilion. This pavilion had lots of the smaller African contries in it and it had a lot of Art in it. Dad loved the Mali Pavilion. There were some artists selling their creations.

As I love Egyptian History we visited the Egypt Pavilion which had some cloth inside which made it look like you were inside a giant mummy. They brought out many interesting objects from ancient Egypt.
We found out that you don’t have to line up for the pravilion of you home country so we used this opportunity to dodge the 3hour line of the Australian Provillion. They had an awesome video on Australia in a 3D theatre and had a large display on Aboriginal Australia.

We tried to visit the China Display but found a sign that said we had to line up in the morning to get a special ticket just for the China provillion, which we hadn’t done so we didn’t get to go inside, but it looked great from outside, the China Provillion was by far the biggest at the Expo. We had already had a huge day visiting Amazing countries and had learned so much about different places. At night they lit up all the bridges. Chinese people LOVE coloured fluro lights. They had a subway station inside the Expo so it was easy to leave at the end of the night. The next one is in Korea.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0775s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb