Shanghai


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
November 15th 2010
Published: November 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Since we found that 6 nights in Beijing was too much big city time for us, we decided to only spend 2 nights in Shanghai. The weather during the day was overcast and misty, not great for photos, so we spent most of our days in cafes drinking coffee.

After a brief encounter with Jackie Chan in the Jinmao Tower, we decided to fork out the 150 yuan each and go up to the 100th floor of the Shanghai World Financial Centre - the World's highest viewing platform. We were a bit early going up, but we really wanted to see the city light up at night from the top floor. Once we were up there, we discovered that they won't let you back up to the top on the same ticket if you decided to go down to the 97th floor. So we did what any self-respecting tourist would do. We killed three and a half hours waiting for the sky to get dark and the lights to come on. Oh, and there's no toilet on the 100th floor either in case you were wondering.

After our fun inside the tower, we were absolutely starving. Subway fixed that problem and then we spent the rest of the evening wandering around Pudong area taking photos of all the futuristic buildings. Tripod in hand, we decided instead to bump up the ISO and do all our night shots handheld. I'm sure our photography instructer back home is probably shaking his head at us right now, but it did allow us to get many more different angles and locations than we would have if we set up the tripod for each shot.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



17th November 2010
Platform towards the metro

Wow this is a great picture!
17th November 2010
Under the walkway

Amazing picture!
17th November 2010

Fantastic pictures!
17th November 2010

Thanks!
Thanks so much for the compliments on the photos. We're pretty happy with how they turned out.
17th November 2010

shanghaiblog
yep ,fantastic shots
17th November 2010

Hey
LOVE the pictures!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!! Great job on the night shots. That is cool you got to meet Jackie Chan.
28th November 2010

catching up to your tour thru mom ann
those are great photos and meeting jackie chan what a bonus. glad all is well with your trip. we enjoyed china when we went as well , but that was 16 years ago or so. so keep enjoying the trip. travel safely. always good to check up on your next adventure love to you both cousin val and bill desrosiers

Tot: 0.375s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 38; qc: 148; dbt: 0.2643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb