#76 Teaching at Taizhou Teachers College, China (The Jin Mao Tower graces the sky-line of Shanghai)


Advertisement
Asia » China » Shanghai
June 2nd 2007
Published: June 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

The spectacular and inspiring Jin Mao Tower of Shanghai/Pudong, at 1,379-ft./420.5-m, is China's tallest building only for a few more months, and offers itself to generations as one of man's grand creations. Though this architectual work of art will within the year be over-shadowed by the next, world's-highest, collosal sky-scraper, the Shanghai Financial Center (1,509-ft./460-m), this inspired J... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

My two new friendsMy two new friends
My two new friends

Leaving my two new friends behind, one last glance tells me, that next time I visit, additional changes are in store.
A last embrace under the Pearl TowerA last embrace under the Pearl Tower
A last embrace under the Pearl Tower

Dozens of delightful bronze, life-size figures grace the walk-ways on the way back to the Pearl Tower and to the ride in the Psychadelic Tunnel under the Huangpu River, returning to The Bund.
Psychedelic- Tourist-TunnelPsychedelic- Tourist-Tunnel
Psychedelic- Tourist-Tunnel

Leaving Pudong, one of the ways to return to The Bund opposite the river is in this psychedelic tunnel in small cabin-like cars on tracks, for a fee of course.
The future is now.The future is now.
The future is now.

Looking toward the Pudong side, from where I had just come, one begins to feel very small.
Postcard from Shanghai/PudongPostcard from Shanghai/Pudong
Postcard from Shanghai/Pudong

On such a clear day, Shanghai/Pudong bring smiles to residents and visitors alike.
The river is permanent witness to change. The river is permanent witness to change.
The river is permanent witness to change.

How will the city look in another 100 years?
The shapes of then and nowThe shapes of then and now
The shapes of then and now

The Yu Garden of Shanghai, (a future journal entry), offers this subtle commentary on the marriage of the old and the new.
There is courage for even bigger??There is courage for even bigger??
There is courage for even bigger??

The parking lot and still the river separate us from the newest monuments to capitalism. They are visible for miles and let it be known, that they are here to stay.
Towering with pride!Towering with pride!
Towering with pride!

From across the river, they look like brother and sister, keeping watch on the old, and celebrating the new.
Steel, glass, and sleek Steel, glass, and sleek
Steel, glass, and sleek

The completion of the world's tallest building is at hand. The Shanghai World Financial Centre will soon be crowned King and the "Biggest".
 two dragons two dragons
two dragons

China's most revered animal,dragons, guard the new symbol of Shanghai's and China's wealth.



2nd June 2007

:)
stunning pictures and buildings... works of art and architecture. it is amazing to see what humans can create sometimes. it has felt much longer than one year for us since you've been gone. graduation was incredible and hopefully what's to come is even more incredible. love you, schneider :)
2nd June 2007

Schneider I missed you so much at graduation! I was looking around for teachers I recognized and teachers I would miss and I kept thinking about you! I miss you so much. On a different note I love all of these new pictures. It makes me want to go and visit.
3rd June 2007

schneider, these pictures are INCREDIBLE!! this architecture is unreal... you're so lucky to be experiencing it. love you and miss you (as always)
4th June 2007

Wow. Those pictures remind me of Tomorrowland in Disney world! Its practically unreal. Anwyays i missed ya tons at graduation. Wish you could have been there but you were there in our minds and in spirit.
4th June 2007

hey Schneider, thanks for the congratulations and your best wishes for us! I really appreciate it, especially from you. We missed you at graduation, it would have been sooooo much better with you there. It seems like your enjoying your visit to Shanghai; the architecture is amazing! If only there were buildings like that in Miami. Take care!!

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb