Shanghai food


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
May 16th 2007
Published: May 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The choice of food in shanghai is immense. You have food from every country in the world and chinese food from every region and soon i think thats just been cobbled together out of left overs. The choice of food is good as the number of places you can go to uncountable. However the quality can range from the brilliant to the most horrible.
The street vendors are everywhere and i'm starting to discover what sort of food i like. The steamed dumplings are better with the vendors than in the resturants. They also are opened all night. However you have to stand and wait a long time as no food is prepared. The food is always meat skewers and the best thing is, that you know its probably safer to eat.
Some of the small resturants are ok to eat in. I have had a few cracking meals, with no idea what i eat. On the most part i avoid them as many dishes are cold and to me many look very suspect. They could have been lying there for days and the ones i have tried are always spicy. Maybe to hide the taste and smell?
Oh and its official. Subway has took over the world. The past two years they have quietly conquered scotland. Discretly going about thier buisness and placing outlets on every street. Now they are in shanghai and i've seen a few outlets that are opening soon. The one next to my hotel is always jam packed with the fashionable crowd so its going to be big. Also seen my first Burger King in a small shopping mall today.
I have also came across quite a few italian places. Pasta and pizza galore. All shopping malls also have a Mega Bite. A canteen style place that has numerous types of food. I sometimes go in to have a look and see if there is anything intresting. Occansionally i buy, but its never as nice as it looks as it tastes like canteen food.
The food in general is good and you have a big choice. This makes every meal an experience, and touch wood, my stomach has held out for the most part. I have to rush to the toliet now. bye


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb